Nye County Neverlands Land Sailing Tour
NEW Big Fun at Over 4,000 ft Elevation = Cooler Weather!
Formerly "Area 51 Dreamlands" by Omega Land Sailing, you get the most modern 1-Design land yachts with speeds up to 80+ mph! Enjoy sailing the higher elevations of Nye County Nevada where the climate is 10-15 degrees cooler than in Las Vegas. A top-rated all-inclusive land sailing adventure awaits you - Book Early!
What You Get:
- Top Rated Service, Support and Experience Guarantee*
- Las Vegas Hotel / Airbnb / Airport Pick-Up
- Safest Top Quality Land Yachts
- Morning Departure from Las Vegas to Nye County Nevada
- Professional Non-Smoking Driver-Guides
- Exclusive Access To The Best Dry Lakes
- Joyous Adrenaline Up To 3X The Wind Speed
- A Mini Regatta Race - Win A Prize!
- Up To 3 Hours Sailing Time*
- Approximately 6 Hours Total Tour Time
- Lunch, Fiji® Water, Fresh Fruit and Snacks
- Complimentary Use Of HD Action Cams + Memory Cards + Digital Printing + Source Downloads
* Sailing time & speeds depend on winds; unlimited make-up trips
Book Now - $250/pp
Two person minimum; maximum group size is 10 persons. VIP booking instantly confirms. Greyed-out dates are unavailable. Same-day inquiries: please call 800-377-9774 by 10:00 AM cutoff time
Quantity can be updated on the View Cart page
Reserve Optional Equipment Upgrades
- Blokart POD: aerodynamic cockpit enclosure, single seat only, max speed 60+ mph
- Blokart Shadow: converts the Blokart into a 2-seater
- Manta Single Yacht: a roomier 1-seat ride, holds up to 260 lbs, max speed 60+ mph
- Manta Double Yacht: an even roomier 2-seat ride, holds up to 500 lbs, max speed 60+ mph
- The Mooney II: a professional series racing yacht seats 2, holds up to 500 lbs, max speed 80+ mph. You MUST provide evidence of sailing experience credentials- A brief test will be given to ensure you are capable of piloting this amazing machine
Select one item at a time to add to cart- Quantities can be edited on the View Cart page before checking out- PLEASE NOTE: maximum quantities for Mantas and Mooney II yachts are (2) per trip
Your Land Sailing Tour Highlights:
Flexible Morning Departure- based on your schedule. It is recommended that you plan to depart Las Vegas by 10:00 AM (at the latest; you'll be back in Las Vegas by 4:00 PM). Enjoy a 2-hour scenic drive to the high desert of Nye County where the weather is 10-15 degrees cooler than in Las Vegas.
You'll have a chance to visit a few points of interest along the way inlcuding the Area 51 Alien Center and the town of Beatty, Nevada. There are many opportunities to take amazing photos of the vast landscapes and wildlife. The Nye County region has some of the best land sailing venues in the state.
Desert breezes usually reach sailing strength (8+ mph) by mid to late morning and last through the day. Beginners Always Welcome- after a quick set-up and safety huddle, you'll be zooming around the lake bed like a pro in minutes. Expert Tips & Tricks- your guide will place the course markers on the lake bed to form the day's race course and show you how to easily master maneuvers like reaching, tacking and jibing.
Experienced sailors- you'll be free to skip the lessons and sail further out on your own. Your guide will assist with your photos and complimentary HD action video cam set-up. Later, enjoy a break with a cool drink and a bite to eat, then head back out to explore the other parts of today's amazing playa.
Mini Regatta Race - Ready, Set.. GO!! Test your skills for the fastest sailing time around the course and win a prize! Afterwards, return to your hotel / Airbnb in Las Vegas. You can be taken directly to McCarran Airport if you have a flight to catch this evening. What an amazing day!
What To Expect:
Winds are usually present in the open desert and yet can sometimes be elusive. To date in 2018, guests have enjoyed an average 98.33% sailing rate (1.67% for storms or rain.) Your trip price guarantees that you will sail- with unlimited make-up trips. Even the zipliners and ATV providers cannot deliver a guaranteed experience each day in this active weather region. Since 2005, just 5 guest make-up trips were needed. Overseas guests holding non-USA passports will receive a generous credit if a make-up trip is not possible.
What Happens After Your Purchase:
You will receive a confirmation phone call (between 9am EST and 7pm PST) to confirm the status, weather and your pick-up time and location - this information will also be emailed to you. We do not recommend purchasing non-refundable or non-changeable air tickets.