Nye County Neverlands
Big Fun in Nevada's High Desert! $1,349/pp
Tour 3 days / 2 nights
Formerly the "Area 51 Dreamlands" tour pioneered by Omega Land Sailing in 2008 - experience land sailing in the high desert dry lakes of where the climate is cooler and the dry lakes are supreme. A top-rated all-inclusive land sailing adventure awaits you - Book Early!
What You Get:
- 3 Days Top Rated Land Sailing
- 2 Nights Private Lodging and Dining
- Safest Top Quality 1-Design Land Yacht Fleet
- Joyous Adrenaline Across Nature's Speedy Surfaces
- Complimentary Shuttle Service
- Professional, Non-Smoking Outfitter and Guide
- Flexible Schedule and Personalized Sailing
- Grand Prizes and Printable Certificates
- Beverages, Fruit and Snacks Always Available
- Complimentary HD Action Cams
- Complimentary Digital Memory Cards
- Complimentary Digital File Storage Access
Submit Your Trip Deposit
Your $250 USD trip deposit secures your space. Single traveler? No extra fee! Maximum 10 persons per trip. Please enter your name and phone number, and the date you wish to reserve, then click the "Add to Cart" button. Air fare to Las Vegas is not included. Need help? Please call 800-377-9774
Quantity can be updated on the View Cart page
Reserve Optional Equipment Upgrades
- Blokart POD: aerodynamic cockpit enclosure, single seat only, max speed 60+ mph
- Blokart Shadow: converts the Blokart into a 2-seater
- Manta Single Yacht: a roomier 1-seat ride, holds up to 260 lbs, max speed 60+ mph
- Manta Double Yacht: an even roomier 2-seat ride, holds up to 500 lbs, max speed 60+ mph
- The Mooney II: a professional series racing yacht seats 2, holds up to 500 lbs, max speed 80+ mph. You MUST provide evidence of sailing experience credentials- A brief test will be given to ensure you are capable of piloting this amazing machine
Select one item at a time to add to cart. Quantities can be changed on the View Cart page before check-out. PLEASE NOTE: maximum quantity for Manta or Mooney II is (2) per trip and subject to vendor supplier availability - refunded in full if unavailable
Day 1- Depart Las Vegas at 10:00 AM for a scenic drive to the high desert of Nye County, Nevada. Along the way, take an optional rest stop at the famous Area 51 Alien Center. Your guide will determine which one of two open dry lakes that will have the day's best winds. After a quick set-up and safety huddle, you'll be zooming across the desert in minutes. Enjoy free-style casual land sailing and later, get ready to test your skills! Complete the course in the shortest time and win a prize. Photos and HD action cam video capture services are included. Arrive and settle in for the night in Tonopah, Nevada (stay for two nights) where the sky is usually crystal clear - you should see millions of stars!
Meals included: L,D
Day 2- Enjoy a buffet breakfast and take a short morning walk in the crisp desert air. After checking the latest weather data, your guide will select and transport you to one of the area's open dry lakes. The day's course markers will be placed and you'll be free to zoom around the playa. Take an optional treasure hunt and collect colorful curios worth bonus points back at base camp. Will you collect the most points? Today's regatta will be a bit more challenging because you'll need to perform slightly more advanced techniques in order to win - tacking, jibing and going around obstacles - prizes to be awarded. "Got finesse?"
Meals included: ALL
Day 3- Land Regatta Championships! At today's dry lake where the best winds will be, get set up and then ease into the day with casual land sailing as the winds build up strength. Explore the different quadrants of the playa while keeping an eye out for any more colorful curious to collect from its surface. (Think extra points!) When conditions are ideal, meet your guide and line up for the fastest sailing time around the course markers - will you beat your personal best time today? Prizes will be awarded. Your guide will assist you with more photos and video capture before it's time to head back to Las Vegas - scheduled arrival is 6:00 PM - all Strip area hotels served, or be taken directly to McCarran International Airport. What an amazing three days!
Meals included: B,L
What To Expect
Long drives at times, however there are interesting and refreshing rest stops along the way. Nevada is a curious, other-worldly place and you'll see a lot! Winds are generally active in the open desert and yet can become elusive. To date in 2018, guests have enjoyed an average 98.33% sailing rate while on location. There are no refunds, however, generous credits are given if inclement weather prevents you from sailing more than 50% of the time on location. Credit is transferrable and will never expire.
What Happens After You Book
You will receive a confirmation phone call (between 9am EST and 7pm PST) to confirm the status and all trip details - this confirmation information will also be emailed to you. We do not recommend purchasing non-refundable or non-changeable air tickets, and trip cancellation insurance is strongly encouraged.